VLAFF is a registered non-profit charitable organization with the mission to provide a forum for the promotion and exhibition of Latin American cinema. This annual festival promotes dialogue between cultures and explores historical and social issues through the eyes of filmmakers.
Since 2003, VLAFF has continued to provide audiences with the unique opportunity of experiencing Latin American cinema in Vancouver.
- To conduct a Film Festival for the purpose of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of Latin American cinema.
- To conduct educational workshops and seminars.
- To provide independent filmmakers with the opportunity to display their artistic efforts.
- To provide Canadian audiences with an opportunity to observe a variety of films, which closely reflect the society and people of Latin American countries.
- To generate a network between the Canadian and Latin American film industries and forge an artistic alliance between the two.
Board of Directors
President: Shane Vieau
Treasurer: Dan Badulescu
Secretary: Adriana Contreras
Members at large:
Marc Fournier, Carolina Ordoñez
Christian Sida-Valenzuela, Sr. Programmer
Anne-Mary Mullen, Sr. Programmer
Adriana Castillo, Sr. Programmer
Kenya Márquez - Sr. Programmer & Short Films
Zoe Miles, Reel Youth - BC Indigenous Films
Diego Reyeros Sánchez
Box Office Coordinator
Theatre Operations Coordinator
Laura Jaime Iñiguez
Martha Emilia Valenzuela Garcia
Youth Jury Coordinators
Sr. Graphic Designer
steve chow | chowdesign.ca
Juan Manuel Sepúlveda, Fraser Drysdale
Honourary Programming Advisors
Hebe Tabachnik, Los Angeles & Palm Springs Film Festival
Mimi Plauché, Programming Director Chicago Int Film Fest
Lucile de Calan, Festival Biarritz Amérique Latine